Mona Vale Hospital
Mona Vale Hospital Plan
The project team are excited to share plans for the range of services that are being considered for Mona Vale Hospital post 2018 when Northern Beaches Hospital opens.
The Local Health District has developed plans to ensure that health services at Mona Vale Hospital are responsive to the current and future health care needs of the Northern Beaches community.
A significant investment is currently being made to provide a comprehensive range of hospital and community health services in 2018. These include:
- 56 Sub-Acute rehabilitation/aged care beds (completed)
- 24/7 Urgent Care Centre (at planning stage)
- Upgraded Hydrotherapy Pool (completed)
- Mona Vale Community Health Centre (completed)
- 10 Geriatric, Evaluation and Management (GEM) beds (at planning stage)
- Helipad (upgrade completed in 2013)
The plans also consider space for health and associated services that are likely to be needed for the Northern Beaches community in the future, and could include:
- Ambulance Station
- Sub-acute Mental Health services
- Medical suites
- GP Clinic
- Family Resource Centre
- Home and Community services
- Primary Care services
- Disability services
- Staff and Carer Accommodation
- Residential Care Facilities.
The plans demonstrate that Mona Vale Hospital will continue to be used for health services and ensures the community can continue to access exceptional health care long into the future.